Follow These Flow Best Practices
Corrosion, leak detection and mitigation, flow pressure and volume are all factors that maintenance managers and other decision makers need to contend with as they manage flow at their chemical processing plants.
In this Chemical Processing Flow eHandbook, we delve in to solutions and strategies for managing these challenges including:
- Leak management - treat them as calls for action against the underlying problem
- VFDs for centrifugal pumps - such drives may provide energy savings and avoid operating problems
- Dealing with corrosion - piping made of high-performance plastic provides unmatched performance and longevity
- Ceramic in electromagnetic flow meters - material used for measuring tubes offers high performance, longevity and a host of other benefits
* * *
How to Fight Flow Challenges
In addition to flow pressure, volume and material state, achieving and maintaining desired flow performance depends upon properly addressing some complicated design and operational issues.
In this Chemical Processing Flow eHandbook, we identify strategies and solutions for technical and economic constraints including:
- Hydrogen systems - Inspections and tests for ensuring safety and flow
- Axial compressors - achieving and maintaining desired performance
- Fight flow recirculation - why the phenomenon occurs in centrifugal pumps and how to correct it